3 de noviembre de 2011

Sweets


I like baking and cooking so much that when I knew we were moving to Belgium I was really excited. Belgium is well known for two things (or at list two things that caught my attention): chocolate and desserts.

Have you heard about waffles? Do you like waffles? Well, let me tell you I didn't. But I was expecting to come and try one of those famous Belgian waffles. There are sooooo different from the american frozen waffles (the ones I didn't like) or the ones you have tried on a restaurant or any other place in the WORLD.

Here is a picture of my first waffle. It looks completely different from the yellow unflavored american waffles. This is extremely sweet, soft, warm, delicious... (I'm craving for one as I write this)


We also tried some pralines, let me tell you first that I'm not so much of a chocolate fan, I just enjoy preparing chocolate stuff and so, but the chocolate here is so good that I became kind of a chocolate fan jajaja... oh, yes, the pralines, they were mouth watering... soft, creamy, sweet, crunchy all in one.

Last weekend we were in Brussels, and we tried other waffles, and saw more presentations of chocolate pralines and candies. Let me tell you chocolate pralines or truffles are treated here as if they were jewels. Let the pictures tell you.

Waffles with fruit, chocolate, nutella or cream.

Look at my face of guilty pleasure as I eat my waffle with strawberries and chocolate.

And let me just show other chocolate and dessert photos... I'm so sorry if I make you break your diet with these photos... it's not intentional n_n




As I was telling you, everything here is surrounded by sweets, in fact, right now my kitchen is full of a sweet aroma because I'm making some pear jam... I'll show you tomorrow, I have a little surprise for you my readers. I hope as soon as I learn some dutch I can also enroll my self into some chocolatier or baking lessons. Let's see what happens.

With love, Marcia



1 comentario:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...