20 de diciembre de 2011

Christmas Markets and Cologne





This past weeks before Christmas are being the most unreal weeks I've ever lived. In Mexico we celebrate Christmas of course, but as far as I can remember we don't have Christmas Markets, don't even say Christmas markets on the street (because security issues right now) but here it is so amazing!




People gather together in these little stores to drink Glühwijn (hot wine) and talk, there's music, obviously Christmas music all over the town, specially downtown and you see all these carrousels working and people taking pictures, walking holding hands, shopping, at night there are local artists, or choirs that perform and people enjoy it and you can feel the joyful atmosphere all over the place.




But last weekend we went to Cologne to experience this to its maximum level (and of course visit the Cathedral, which was also an AWSOME experience thanks to our host Christian, who organized this trip for us and some other nice friends). People there really work so they can create the image of small village shops, everything is perfectly decorated, food is amazing, there are Christmas carols playing and of course there's a lot of shopping. (I was a victim here, of course)



I bought some stuff thinking on the house we will build up together. I imagined myself maybe five years from now with my little kids getting all excited about this season (just as me) setting up the tableclothes I bought, telling them stories about where we got them, setting the small Christmas villages I started collecting in Cologne and well decorating the whole house to prepare the atmosphere for the most perfect Christmas. And the best thing is that this will be done all over again the next year, and the next, and the next...

with love, Marcia



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...